|About The FA Licensed Coaches' Club|
The FA Licensed Coaches' Club is leading the way in supporting and developing coaches, providing professional recognition at every level.
|What is "Coach Licensing"?|
Coach Licensing ensures that coaches' qualifications are up to date and that they are continuously training every year through various Contined Professional Development (CPD) opportunities. CPD hours will also be accredited against most Coaches Association Workshops.
Like you, The FA wants to improve the quality of coaching in England. Therefore in August 2011 The FA Licensed Coaches Club commenced, introducing the concept of Coach Licensing into football for the first time. Coaches who want to be recognised in this way will be able to join The FA Licensed Coaches Club and receive their licence to coach from The FA. They will also receive other benefits to help them become better coaches. We can all be confident that these Licensed Coaches will be providing better quality coaching and raising standards in the game.
|Why Join? Heres the benefits:|
In order to encourage coaches to join and get their coaching licence, coaches will receive a number of benefits from the scheme:-
1) Access to a new website with online resources, session plans, interviews and coaching news.
2) Free England tickets (ballot entry for all home matches for every England team).
3) Discounts on FA Learning courses.
4) Access to accredited local training events.
5) FA Photo Coaching Licence.
6) Option to purchase insurance.
7) Option to subscribe to The FA’s coaching magazine.
8) Option to subscribe to UEFA’s coaching tool, TaxtX.
Membership is FREE for the 2013/14 season.
- Your FA Coaching Licence
- Access to members-only website
- Discounts on FA Learning National Courses and CPD events
- Ballot entry for 100 pairs of free tickets to all England home matches
- Three issues of Licensed Coaches Magazine - The Boot Room
- Insurance - Civil liability & personal accident
- Physio Care
- Access to FA Licensed Coaches' merchandise
- Acces to UEFA's 3D animatin tool, Tact X for free
|What you need to join|
1) Min Level One coaching qualification
2) Emergency Aid certificate
3) FA Safeguarding children certificate
4) FA CRB check (if coaching children)
Once they are licensed to coach, coaches will need to ensure they commit to a certain level of training every year in order to retain their licence:-
- Level One - 3 hours per year
- Level Two - 5 hours per year
- Level Three / UEFA B - 5 hours per year
- UEFA A & Pro Licence - 5 hours per year
In today’s ever evolving game, it is essential that coaches at all levels of the game keep up to speed with new coaching techniques and advice
McDonald’s are FA Learning Partner and The FA’s official Coaches Partner and they will provide invaluable support for The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club by offering 1000 free licenses to coaches across the game. This will include coaches from The FA Charter Standard Community Clubs and other grass roots coaches.
|Why should coaches become licensed?|
In an ever changing game, its no longer really enough for coaches to have completed a course once in the past and then not keep up to date with evolving coaching techniques.
The FA Licensed Coaches Club will provide support and training for licensed coaches throughout the season. Coaches will be able to keep a record of their training to present to their clubs. There will be local events for coaches to meet their CPD requirements, as well as access to FA Learning courses and the option to subscribe to a new coaching magazine.
|How can coaches join the scheme?|
Coaches need to visit www.TheFA.com/LicensedCoachesClub to find out more. Here they will be able to register for the new scheme and check if they meet the criteria to join.
*It is a requirement for completion of your FA Youth Module qualification to be a member of The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club, and evidence of this will be sought from your tutor, your County FA, and/or The FA, before certification is made. If you are not already a member of The FA Licensed Coaches' Club, please send your course enrolment confirmation to email@example.com who will send you details on how you access membership for FREE for this season.
If you have any questions you can call on 0844 980 8212 or email FALicenceQuery@TheFA.com
Thank you for your support. Together we will raise standards in coaching & develop better players.