Cambridgeshire FA, has selected 9 local recipients of The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards 2018.
The Grassroots Football Awards, known previously as The FA and McDonalds Community Awards, recognise and celebrate the work of individuals and groups to instill The FA’s PRIDE values – Progressive, Respectful, Inclusive, Determination and Excellent – and make a positive difference in their club, league or local community.
Following receipt of a record 2,904 nominations, The FA has worked alongside respective County FAs to select appropriate winners across 9 categories. The full list of Cambridgeshire FA Grassroots Football Awards 2018 winners are:
- Coach of the year: Phil Mullen of Cambridge United Amputee
- Community project of the year: Cambridge United Community Trust
- Charter Standard club of the year: March Soccer School
- Charter Standard league of the year: S-Tech Girls’ and Women’s League
- Grounds team of the year: Mel Scrivener of Longstanton Colts
- Match Official of the year: Dulcie Asher
- The Respect Award: Tony Russell of March Soccer School
- Volunteer of the year: Mick East of Chesterton Eagles
- Young volunteer of the year: Laura Mills
Greg Clarke, Chairman of The FA, said: "It’s been fantastic to see a record number of nominations for this year’s Grassroots Football Awards and hear so many stories of dedication and commitment throughout the grassroots game.
"The selection of winners chosen alongside Cambridgeshire FA represents the diverse nature of football in this country and I would like to congratulate each and every one for their inspirational work."
Chris Pringle, Chief Executive of Cambridgeshire FA, said ‘We have a group of amazing For All Award winners this year from all areas of the game. It’s rewarding to see such a diverse group of winners, which demonstrates how the game has changed. It’s also a tribute to the panel making the awards, which in itself better reflected our football community. Many congratulations to all of our winners!’
On 9 July, The FA’s National Panel will meet to select national winners from the pool of County FA recipients and they will be formally announced at the 2018 FA Community Shield on 5 August.
To learn more about The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards 2018, visit TheFA.com.