The Laws of the Game 2019/20 came into force as of 1st June 2019.
A number of changes to the Laws of the Game for 2019/20 have been made, including:
- the introduction of yellow and red cards for misconduct by team officials
- a player being substituted having to leave the field of play at the nearest point on the boundary line
- at a goal kick and a free kick for the defending team in their own penalty area, the ball is in play once it is kicked, i.e. it does not have to leave the penalty area
- clearer wording for ‘handball’
- attacking team players must be at least 1m away from a ‘defensive wall’
- the goalkeeper only has to have one foot on the goal line at a penalty kick
- a new dropped ball procedure
A PDF copy of the Laws of the Game 2019/20 is available for download from here
This season as well as the PDF version of the Laws of the Game IFAB have introduced an app.
This gives access Laws of the Game ‘on the go’. The App allows the user to:
- access the Laws of the Game (also offline)
- see all recent changes (with explanations)
- compare this year’s Laws with previous years
- add personal notes and comments, and create ‘favourite’ chapters
To download the App and for more information: www.theifab.com/logapp
We are hosting a number of Laws of the Game sessions in June and July in order to update our Referees and Clubs with changes to the Law for the 2019/2020 season - for dates and to book your place click here.