Cambridgeshire Football Association will be delighted to offer you a course to suit your needs.
A full list of scheduled course dates can be downloaded from the documents below, but we have courses running at most times.
Training methods have been updated to ensure the courses incorporate easy learning techniques with an element of fun and involvement.
The latest style modular type of course will be held predominately over weekends, with a call back session at a pre-advised date. Evening courses are also available to those who are unable to attend the weekend courses, along with daytime courses during school holiday periods.
The courses will involve some pre-course work to be undertaken before attending the first module.
The modules consist of:-
- Attendance at a Safeguarding Children Workshop: included as part of the referee qualification process and normally completed prior to attending, although special provisions are made for those candidates under the age of 16 years.
- Module 1 is an induction session and may include a test of your knowledge on the Laws of the Game; so it's important to do some home study before attending the course.
- Module 2 is the instruction of the Laws of the Game and practical advice for refereeing a game of football and will often include work on the field, depending on conditions/availability.
- Module 3 will involve the examinations. All candidates will take the two examinations. Your tutor will select the most appropriate 2 options from the 3 available:-
- Multiple-choice written paper
- Practical on-field assessment
- Theory DVD assessment.
- Module 4 is officiating in a minimum of six 9 v 9 or 11 v 11 games, during which the candidate will be mentored, assessed and given general help and advice as necessary. These games will generally be appointed by the County FA Area Appointment Secretaries. At this point you will be registered as a level 9 trainee referee.
- Module 5 is an In-service Training Session. The date of this will be advised to you at the start of the course, and will be an evening session. After attending this session and having met the requirements of module 4, you will then be re-classified as a level 7 (Junior referee) or level 8 (Youth referee) - age dependent.
The course fee includes all appropriate study materials, FA Affiliation and Safeguarding Children Workshop. The FA CRB Enhanced check is an addition for those aged 18 or over and costs £10. While refereeing the games in Module 4 you will receive a trainee referee’s match fee and travel expenses to and from the games.
We can offer you help in obtaining kit and have some exciting deals on kits from main suppliers. The referee's starter pack is available to all candidates.
Courses are available to anyone of 14 years and over.
Other types of courses are available to those who have to stand in for referees at club matches, mini soccer referees and those who wish to use the Laws of the Game qualification for academic or Duke of Edinburgh Awards reasons. These will be arranged on request and demand with suitable numbers attending.
To book BY POST: download the form from the link below and return it to Alan Young at the above address.