Mentoring & Volunteering
share your knowledge
We're looking for referees who want to share their knowledge and experience with the future generation of referees. Mentoring is a rewarding process for everyone involved, you get the opportunity to help referees in the early stage of their development, build confidence and keep more referees involved in the game.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of we want to hear from you!
1. Be at least 14 years of age
2. Complete the required Expression of interest form :https://bit.ly/Ref-Interest
3. Complete the Online Laws of the Game Modules: https://bit.ly/Online-Ref
4. Complete the relevant Safeguarding Qualification:
a) Learners aged 14/15 to complete: https://bit.ly/SG-For-All
b) Learners aged 16+ to complete: https://bit.ly/FA-SCC
5. Complete the Online Application for the required DBS, unless an active FA DBS is already held. (aged 16+)
The course is 11 hours long
£110.00 Course Only
- Referee registration for remainder of the season
- Referee Association Membership for the first full season
- 11 Hours direct contact time
- Course resources
- Notepad & pencil
- Red & yellow cards
- Assistant Referee flags
- Course induction pack
- Post-course pack
- A certificate on qualification (on successful completion of the course)
- FA and Cambs FA Referee Badge (on successful completion of the course)
Note: Learners over the age of 16 years will be required to undertake a FA DBS enhanced check at an additional cost of £10 in order to referee in youth (U18) football.
The minimum age to book onto and attend a course is 14.