Youth Council Recruitment
Cambridgeshire FA is looking for young people to be a part of its development work. A new Youth Council is being formed for people aged 16 to 25 to give them a voice in shaping the future of the game and a platform to aid increased participation among young participants in grassroots football.
The county FA is looking for representation from all areas of the game including young players, coaches, referees and volunteers with the aim of achieving four key goals:
• To grow and retain the number of young people playing, volunteering and refereeing in football
• To raise awareness of opportunities for young people to get involved in football via the Football Futures programme
• To act as a focus group for the County FA to understand the needs and aspirations of young people involved in the game
• To support Cambridgeshire FA with the delivery of the National Game Strategy & County Delivery Plan
Those looking to be a part of the Youth Council would be expected to attend four to six meetings per year and commit to 25 hours of volunteering in football across Cambridgeshire.
Benefits of being involved include:
• Working with Cambridgeshire FA & The FA staff to develop local football
• FREE Nike kit for active members
• Discounts on coach education courses
• Mentoring from a Cambridgeshire FA team member
• Meeting new people involved in football from across Cambridgeshire
• Being part of the Youth Council and FA's Football Futures programme assists the application with Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS)
Chris Abbott (Volunteer Development Officer) said, "Having a better understanding of what young people want from the game is vital to ensuring lifelong participation both on and off the pitch. This is a fantastic opportunity for young people interested in football to learn more about the game and gain some invaluable experience. The FA National Youth Council has had great success and we hope we can replicate that at a local level to benefit Cambridgeshire.
“This is an exciting opportunity to ensure that the skills and experiences of our young participants are reflected through our work. We welcome the prospect of working with the Youth Council for many years to come for the benefit of the game in the county.”
Apply now by completing and returning the application form below.
Closing date: 30th November 2017
For more information contact
t: 01223 209028