- a high fever
- a cough you haven’t had before.
Most people who get COVID-19 or coronavirus will recover fully without ever needing to see their doctor or GP. And experts in the UK and across the world are working on treatments and ways to keep everyone safe.
Everyone in the UK has been ordered to stay at home.
This means that you can’t:
- go out, unless it’s to shop for things like food, medicine and toilet paper
- meet up with friends or with family you don’t live with.
You can still go out to exercise once a day, even if it’s for a short walk.
If you would like more information on what you can do to help you cope during lock down click here to read some ideas on Childline's website.
- Talk to someone about your feelings and worries
- Try and keep in touch with your friends and family that you aren't seeing right now
- Visit Childline's Calm Zone by clicking here
There are important things you can do when you’re feeling unsafe:
- Tell someone you feel unsafe
- Avoid unsafe situations
- Make a safety plan
- Tell the police if you've left home
You can find more info about all of these things by clicking here