The Cambridgeshire FA and Cambridgeshire County League held an emergency conference call on Thursday 19th March regarding the 2019-20 season.
The following was agreed:
• All Cambridgeshire FA County Cup Competitions that have not been completed this season will be declared null and void. Entry to the 2020-21 County Cups will be free of charge to clubs.
• All Cambridgeshire County League Cups that have not been completed this season will be declared null and void. Any teams who entered the Reg Haigh & Arthur Peck Cup, or the John Ablett Cup this season will receive free cup entry for season 2020-21
As yet no formal decision has been made on completing the league programme for season 2019-20, we would like the clubs views on the following suggestions:
• If in the unlikely event football is able to resume by the 1st May, the league could resume and the season be completed as soon as possible.
• The league season being finished on average points system (formula and positions can be downloaded here)
• The League Season being declared null and void
• Any other ideas you may have
These views can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kershaw Dinner scheduled for Saturday 6th June has been postponed and will now take place on 12th September. Further details will be released shortly.
The League AGM will be postponed and arranged at a later date. Clubs will be given as much notice as possible.
We are currently in unprecedented times and on behalf of the Cambridgeshire Football Association and Cambridgeshire County League may I wish everyone well during this difficult period.
Cambridgeshire FA Leagues and Cups Management