The Football Association is hiring a Diversity & Inclusion Community Champion to cover the Cambridgeshire area
Following the success of last season, we will again be deploying a team of Community Champions to support the Grassroots Game in 22/23. These roles will be aligned to ensure we have a skilled and empathetic workforce to support the growth of recreational football for all communities who are currently disproportionately represented across the game.
To identify, recruit and support new coaches/volunteers from under-represented communities across grassroots football.
To do this we will use a diverse workforce of people and integral allies from the communities in which we wish to extend the provision of football in a way that is right for them and their needs.
As part of our Community Champion offer, we have some principles of support that allow us to give structure to the roles. The roles will be:
BESPOKE- Made for a particular need in a certain area or community to encourage and support new people into roles as deliverer, volunteer, and coach.
CONNECTED- Work and are familiar within the community they wish to help, creating greater confidence for community members to ‘step over the side-lines' and become involved with their local clubs.
PERSONAL- Built on relationships and trust.
CREATIVE – Being curious in finding new and appropriate ways of empowering, engaging, and inspiring others to feel they belong.
The D&I Community Champion will identify, plan, build and deliver support opportunities for black, Asian and ethnically diverse communities to get into coaching.
- Delivery of ‘Stepping over the Side-lines' workshops to historically underrepresented groups across the grassroots game.
- Support coaches from historically underrepresented groups to build their confidence and be ready to ‘step onto the pitch' by providing practical, on-pitch support as well as signposting coaches to further opportunities to aid their development.
- Identify coaches/volunteers from ethnically diverse communities that can continue to support the new coaching workforce once the Community Champion support package finishes.
- Build relationships and collaborate with the FA Coach Development Team, County FA's, Coach Mentors, Community Champions and wider members of the grassroots delivery team to ensure a joint up and collaborative approach to coach development.
- Attend quarterly meetings aimed at providing clarity on work programmes, development opportunities and good practice sharing.
- Maintain records of the coaches and clubs/providers being supported.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for?
- FA EE Playmaker.
- Ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to deliver practical sessions aligned to the holistic development of players, across a variety of age groups.
- A role model to people from ethnically diverse communities and a connector of people and projects.
- Understanding of challenges and barriers faced by people from black and Asian communities to get into coaching.
- Knowledge and understanding of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Flexible in approach with willingness to work some evenings and weekends, as well as travel across the County.
- Experience of volunteering within the local community.
- Experience of leading groups.
- Experience of building and sustaining relationships with charitable organisations, youth projects and education establishments.
- Introduction to Coaching Football.
- Experience of volunteering in grassroots football.
- Experience of facilitating and engaging with players, volunteers, and parents.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
As part of your application, you will be asked some pre-questions, as well as uploading a CV and covering letter for the role.