FA Para Football England Talent Days
England Talent Days are utilised as a player's first engagement with the Para Football Pathway and as the first selective environment in the player pathway.
The programme will identify and signpost players to the ‘right’ environment at that point in time and seeks to feed the subsequent Regional and National levels of the pathway.
The Para Football player pathway runs ALONG SIDE any football that players already participate in, so does not compromise or replace any current involvement in the game.
The impairment groups included in England Talent Day activities are:
- Players who are deaf
- Players who have cerebral palsy (and are ambulant)
- Players who are partially sighted
Age Range: 7 – 16yrs (With the exception of mainstream / non impaired GKs which has a more flexible top age range.)
Please Note: Players who are already engaged in the FA Para Football Pathway (IE: those currently at a Talent Hub or in the Regional or National Talent Programme) DO NOT need to attend an England Talent Day!
- All events run 10.30am until 1.30pm
- Age Range: 7 - 16yrs old
- Players should come dressed ready to play football (including appropriate clothing, footwear and shin pads)
- Surfaces, venues & weather(!) may vary, so please come prepared to be adaptable to both indoor (sportshall) and outdoor (3G or grass)
- Please bring suitable hydration (no fizzy drinks!) as you may be playing for up to 2 hours
- Signposting to further Para Football Pathway opportunities for players will take place AFTER the event. No communication regarding this will be done on the day apart from to perhaps highlight local playing opportunities available to all.
- NB: Eligibility criteria for the Para Football is set internationally and evidence of this will be required prior to a player's engagement at Regional or National level.
- Please be prepared to produce and share this medical evidence of the qualifying condition, should you be asked to do so either at your chosen ETD or via communications after the event.
The FA also run pathways and squads in Blind Football and Powerchair Football, soon to be joined by Amputee Football. For more information on these pathways and squads, please visit:
FA Para Football Talent ID Workshops
These sessions are designed to give anyone involved in ALL formats of football the opportunity to understand more about the Para Football player pathway, who we are looking to identify & recruit, and how to go about referring talented players.
All events are virtual (on Microsoft Teams) and run 6.00pm until 7.30pm.