Get into Refereeing
Make a difference to the game
chance to progress
Whatever format of Football or Futsal you are playing in one person will remain a constant presence: the referee. There are over 350 registered referees in Cambridgeshire, but we are always looking for more.
We support the development of our match officials from initially booking onto courses, to gaining promotion and also through the form of mentoring.
Reasons to become a referee
You can take the first steps to becoming a referee from the age of just 14.
If you want to progress through the levels there are specific pathways within both the men's and women's game that you can follow.
We'll ensure you get lots of helpful advice from the start including details about the laws of the game and guidelines on fitness and nutrition.
Once you have gained experience of officiating, you could get involved in one of our mentoring schemes.
This will give you an opportunity to hare information, ideas and advice with up-and-coming referees at society meetings.
1. Be at least 14 years of age
2. Complete the required Expression of interest form :https://bit.ly/Ref-Interest
3. Complete the Online Laws of the Game Modules: https://bit.ly/Online-Ref
4. Complete the relevant Safeguarding Qualification:
a) Learners aged 14/15 to complete: https://bit.ly/SG-For-All
b) Learners aged 16+ to complete: https://bit.ly/FA-SCC
5. Complete the Online Application for the required DBS, unless an active FA DBS is already held. (aged 16+)
The course is 11 hours long
£110.00 Course Only
- Referee registration for remainder of the season
- Referee Association Membership for the first full season
- 11 Hours direct contact time
- Course resources
- Notepad & pencil
- Red & yellow cards
- Assistant Referee flags
- Course induction pack
- Post-course pack
- A certificate on qualification (on successful completion of the course)
- FA and Cambs FA Referee Badge (on successful completion of the course)
Note: Learners over the age of 16 years will be required to undertake a FA DBS enhanced check at an additional cost of £10 in order to referee in youth (U18) football.
The minimum age to book onto and attend a course is 14.